Thursday, August 2, 2012

Linda's Shortbread

I finally got around to making this again! Yes, I've made it twice before but neglected to take a photo. My knob of ginger was looking a little questionable, so I substituted ground ginger. I also combined AP, pastry, and high-fiber flours in roughly equal amounts. For the glaze, I was "fraiche out" of creme fraiche - so I loosened some mascarpone with a bit of milk & powdered sugar. I made a peach-raspberry coulis, following Mary's recipe but substituting raspberries for the blackberries (thanks Mary!)

The shortbread turned out great! What a forgiving recipe. I did have to bake my round for almost 30 minutes, so the timing in the original recipe is way off. I took them to work this morning and they were gone within 15 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment