Thursday, August 16, 2012

Inspiration strikes...Twice!

Last night, Mary texted me as I was driving home..."u home? cupcakes r ready." Needless to say, it was difficult not to swerve off the road to answer that text. I DID manage to wait until I pulled into my driveway to respond - and she brought them over shortly after. With her adorable grandson Taven, who helped make the cupcakes (she can tell you more about that when she posts the recipe & photo).

Oh my, were those cakes tasty! The sponge: moist, dark chocolate with bits of crunchy oreo cookies baked right in. The frosting: light, buttery, just the right fluffy/rich balance. And Bailey's! Did I forget to mention the Baileys? The frosting didn't taste boozy, mind you - perfectly smooth and lip-smacking good. Mary started with a recipe she found and made some tweaks; she will fill you in on the details. BTW Mary, both Bob and I enjoyed those cupcakes after supper last night...thank you again!

This morning, while checking up on the news, I stumbled on this post. (Yes, I "accidentally" clicked on the FOOD link when I really wanted to read some serious economic/political commentary...LOL). Anyway, I think this link will provide some additional ideas for more cupcake awesomeness.

Happy Baking!


http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/08/16/easy-cupcake-decorating-ideas_n_1778780.html?utm_hp_ref=kitchendaily

No comments:

Post a Comment