Saturday, June 30, 2012

Mary's Shortbread

The shortbread is delicious; buttery like shortbread should be and not too sweet thanks to the lemon and ginger. I love the flecks of green from the thyme, and that subtle "hum, what's that flavor" that it adds.

I omitted the creme fraiche glaze and the cream/milk before baking. sorry. after 1 cup of butter, 1-1/2 cups of sugar, etc. I couldn't bring myself to add any more calories! I brought the plate of cookies to knitting today and everyone said they were delicious :-)

I made a peach blackberry coulis to accompany.

2 medium peaches, peeled and sliced (about 1 cup)
1/2 pint blackberries
2 tablespoons water
1 tablespoon sugar
1/4 teaspoon vanilla
1 tablespoon fresh thyme

Combine everything in a medium saucepan and cook over low heat about 15 minutes, or until the peaches are just starting to fall apart; cool to room temperature.


Submitted by Mary Rogovin

No comments:

Post a Comment